8.08.2011

Wreath Re-do

   My Mom's birthday is today. For one of her gifts, Alison and I redecorated the wreath on our front door. It turned out really pretty and Mama loved it!
   Here is the "before" picture. It had gotten quite dilapidated, so it was definitely time to do something with it!


Cutting the old decorations off of the wreath.  




Arranging the flowers and gluing them on.



 It's finished!



   The hydrangea is one of my favorites, and even if it takes a while to make it's really pretty simple. Cut out 20 petals in a rounded cross shape about 3/4" across. Stitch them onto a small oval of fabric using one cross stitch for each little petal.




For these poppies, cut out 3 circles in graduating sizes - our biggest for these flowers was 3 3/4". Lightly singe the edges over a candle. Stitch them together and attach a button or bead in the center.


I'd like to do more felt flower tutorials in the future, so stay tuned!

8 comments:

sarahdodson said...

Great job!! It's SO pretty :o) Happy Birthday to your dear mom- she's one of the most special, godly women I have ever met!

Hannah M. said...

Absolutely gorgeous turnout, Abigail! I love it! :) Happy birthday to your Momma! Hope she had a wonderful day and many blessings!

julia said...

That looks really neat! I'm going to have to try the felt flowers sometime.....

Leah said...

How neat! I just love how you do the hydrangea.:)

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! Please do write some more flower tutorials. I'd love to make a wreath like this for our front door. The fallish colors are perfect.

Hannah B. said...

I really like the hydrangea felt flower. The wreath is beautiful.:)

A Heart of Praise said...

It looks like it turned out really pretty! I'm sure your mom was pleased:).

A Joyful Heart said...

You guys did a fantastic job! It is so cute!