1.21.2011

Baked Banana Oatmeal

  Baked oatmeal was one of my favorite breakfasts before I went egg-free. You can use one basic recipe and make all kinds of delicious fruit and nut variations. Until this morning, I have really missed it. Today I finally tried one more time and it worked. Yay! I was looking at my friend's blog and found her recipe for Banana Baked Oatmeal. That was one fruit we hadn't tried before and I thought it looked so good! Here is my ef, df version of Lynn's Baked Banana Oatmeal.


Baked Banana Oatmeal
3 cups quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup rice milk
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon Ener-G egg replacer 
mixed with 1/4 cup rice milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
Spread in a greased 9"x13" pan.
Bake at 350* for 27 minutes. If you like it crispier, bake it longer.
Enjoy! 
This is also good served with rice milk poured over it.



2 comments:

Lynn said...

I am so glad that you were able to adapt this to be egg and dairy free. I love this recipe because I can make a big batch and have it last for several days for breakfast.

Hannah B. said...

YUM!!! That sounds really good. I love baked oatmeal.